Wednesday 20 March 2013

Cow Pats and Open Windows




It was a beautiful afternoon, the weather was perfect! Sun shining, slight breeze. Perfect you would think for opening the car window.








This is what my 10 year old son decided to do when we arrived home and made our way up the driveway. He had stuck his head out the window to feel the wind on his face, much like a dog I suppose, only he was smiling and his tongue was not hanging out - almost!




As we followed the curve of the driveway my attention was distracted for a second while trying to grab the garage opener and I drove through a cow pat that I managed to avoid for most of the week.



A smell filled the car, but I did not take much notice since often in the country this would be considered normal.



As I lined up to reverse into the garage my son turned to me wiping his hair with his hand and asked if there was anything in his hair.



I replied "no, why?"



"Well when you drove through that cow poo it splattered up the side of the car and I thought some flicked on my hair".



I realised what the smell had been and I was in fits of laughter, even when I tried to retell the story to my husband.



I think there is a lesson here, about getting distracted while driving, hanging your head out the window like a dog and maybe why people live in the city.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...