Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Silly Season

So it is definitely the SILLY Season. 


I tell myself every year that I will do my shopping earlier but alas I always leave it to the last minute. Well I had most of my gifts taken care of but it is the last minute one's, the "oh no I forgot that person", or I change my mind on a gift I have already bought. So today as well as grocery shopping I had to tackle the mall for a few stocking fillers etc. 


When I was there I was wondering what on earth made me decide to do this today, just before Christmas! Finding a park at the supermarket was madness, you could feel the tension from the other drivers who had obviously been doing blocks of the car park and missing out by a millisecond every time. Even on the road, drivers are loosing their patience, all they care about is where they are going and what they are doing. It's just madness.


The supermarket was full, it's like you need traffic control in there. People banging trolley's into other people, people pushing past hurriedly. Now I know why I don't go to the Boxing Day sales, that would be like 100 times worse! 


Because of this rat race I just wanted to get home and now my memory decides to kick in and I can think of all the things I forgot to get.


 No! I will not be going back to the shops, I will just have to do with what I have. I guess we will just use nails for tooth picks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...