Monday 30 July 2012

RedKite 'Eat Street' Fundraiser



I had no idea what I was in for when I accepted an invite to the RedKite 'Eat Street' dinner auction fundraiser. RedKite provides support for families with children who have cancer. 





I arrived at about 6pm to the Sofitel Hotel in Melbourne where the theme of the night was suitably red. It was great to see everyone getting into the spirit of the night by wearing something red. Thanks to Coca Cola who provided my ticket. As I entered the room it was hard not to notice the big red sails of curtains separating the food, wine or beverage tastings to be had.



There were many businesses from Melbourne and surrounding districts there with their delights on offer. First stop, Ganache chocolate, really what else would you want to start a night with? Mmm mouth watering goodness, definately will be going back to that table.



Moving around the room there was surely more alcahol tasting areas than food, not that I am complaining! I tasted Martinis, different wines from all over Vic, some amazing Vodka concoction that tasted like tea, Miduri & Contreau cocktails and I suppose I should mention the food.





Many chefs had created entre sized portions of their mains & desserts served in their restaurants. I think I started with desserts and ended with mains. This is the way it should be, right! 



It was time to check out the items available for silent auction. Something caught my eye, it was a glass encased, signed football by Joel Selwood of the Geelong Football Club. Hmm I am sure I could find a place for that in my house. For those of you who don't know me I am a huge Geelong Cats fan. Other items on offer were children's toy packages, Black Caviar signed jacket, other sporting memorabilia, art, wines, vouches, football & tennis tickets and many more.


By 8pm the room was looking very happy and getting a lot louder as the drinks kept flowing and the food kept coming. It was then time to enter the Grande Ballroom to listen to a heartfelt story of a family who's child had been helped out by RedKite in their fight against cancer.



Soon after the crowd was entertained by Rhonda Burchmore, she looked fabulous and her voice was just amazing! Then we watched a live auction of a few larger items, which is always a bit exciting.


We finished the night off with just one more Ganache Chocolate, donuts and coffee.  My head was hurting a bit the next day but somehow I still managed to get the kids off to school. Oh and I didn't go home with any won auction items,  I think someone else wanted the football more than me and his pockets may have been a bit deeper than mine, maybe next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...